Archive for May, 2012
IT MEANS THAT WE CAN SHARE HEALTH BENEFITS ABOUT PRODUCTS WITHOUT SANCTION FROM THE FDA -HOW COOL IS THAT?
Please Support Sen. Rand Paul’s Health Freedom Amendment on S3187 the Prescription Drug User Fee Amendments of 2012
S. 3187 is the Reauthorization bill for the FDA’s Prescription Drug and Biosimilar Products User Fees is moving forward in the US Senate this week. On Wednesday, May 23, Senator Rand Paul is introducing an important Health Freedom Amendment. Senator Paul’s amendment will:
- Stop the Federal Government from suppressing “a claim describing any nutrient in a food or dietary supplement as mitigating, treating, or preventing any disease, disease symptom, or health-related condition, unless a Federal court in a final order following a trial on the merits finds clear and convincing evidence based on qualified expert opinion and published peer-reviewed scientific research that— (1) the claim is false and misleading in a material respect; and (2) there is no less speech restrictive alternative to claim suppression, such as use of disclaimers or qualifications, that can render the claim non-misleading.” Stops the FDA from declaring these products drugs.
- It revokes all existing FDA rules prohibiting nutrient-disease relationship claims.
- Corrects the Definition of Misbranded Food.
- Stops the Federal Government from interfering with the distribution of any publication in connection with the sale of a food or supplement to consumers unless it establishes that a claim contained in the publication—‘‘(1) names the specific food or dietary supplement sold by the person causing the publication to be distributed; (2) represents that the specific food or dietary supplement mitigates, treats, or prevents a disease; and(3) proves the claim to be false and misleading in a material respect by final order of a Federal court of competent jurisdiction.
- Prohibits FDA Officials from Carrying Firearms and Making Arrests Without Warrants.
He is going to need all our help to get this bill passed. Please call the two senators who represent your state and ask them to support this important amendment. The list of Senators and their Telephone Numbers@ Take Action Tab above/ senate numbers – http://popcampaign.org/take-action/call-congress#Senate+Numbers
Make your Calls early.
THE MILLION MOMS4POP PLEDGE FOR HEALTHY FOODS AND CHOICES *Note: We will have an online version soon – please let us know if you sign this pledge.)
POP Campaign (Preserve Organic Power)• MOMS4POP, Hippocrates Health Institute – Green Your SPIRIT • Sprout Foundation
This POP Campaign pledge for Moms and Heads of Households is a blueprint for action in Preserving healthy food and supplements and the right to choose.
AS A MOM4POP, I recognize that I am the primary caretaker in the healthy blueprint for organic, alive, nutritient dense food and supplements. I know that the power of organic food lies in its quality, vitality,and aliveness and that access is a fundamental human right. I know that eating healthy organic nutrient dense foods are best for my health. I choose food that is the result of pure seeds, sustainable farming practices, human dignity, economic affordabiity, and local -without deceptive advertizing, manipulation, misleading labels, or genetically altered genes. My greatest assets are my power to choose and my voice to be heard.
Therefore, I am committed to the following:
- I PLEDGE to transition to 75% to 100% organic food as much as possible for myself, my family and children by December 31, 2013;
- I PLEDGE to educate myself on GE (Genetically Engineered) food and supplements and to avoid purchasing these for myself and my family and children whenever possible;
- I PLEDGE to become a voice in the lives of my family and community by sharing what I know about healthier food choices
- I PLEDGE to establish a healthy food legacy for the children of my home, my community and the world;
- I PLEDGE to declare that the right to quality, unaltered food the way nature intended is a Human Right;
- I PLEDGE to protect the highest standards for organic, alive, nutritious, sustainable foods, seeds and whole food supplements;
- I PLEDGE to be a MOM4POP who continually educates myself about healthier food and supplement choices, speaks out boldly, supports government policies that support my pledge, and makes a difference by my actions and pocketbook.
City and Zip Code:
send to – email@example.com
Letter format example for MOMS4POP ACTION: Please fax us a copy for our records at 415-388-1659 – or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to: 202-228-2382
Senator Barbara Boxer
112 Hard Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Dear Senator Boxer:
As a California resident, a supporter of the POP Campaign and a MOM4POP, I am writing to ask that you do all you can to promote and protect organic foods. I am very concerned that the FDA has dropped the ball on mandatory labeling of genetically engineered foods. As one of your constituents, I am asking that you introduce legislation as soon as possible to require mandatory clear labeling of foods that contain genetically engineered ingredients.
I have made a pledge to do my part to keep my family healthy and to support California organic farms by consuming mostly organic and sustainable foods.
STATE SOMETHING PERSONAL: FOR EXAMPLE: I am increasingly concerned about contamination of our organic food supply by genetically engineered materials and want stronger protections. OR I want stronger protections OR I want my choices at the supermarket to be very clearly labeled OR I am fearful that my child will purchase GE foods and not know the difference at the supermarket.
I need you to help me keep my pledge.
Address (at minimum city and zip code)